After intensive external laboratory tests and translation of the results into practice, the following conclusions can be drawn as to the performance of SediPipe:
Within the given range of application, the flow separator prevents sediment from being remobilised during rainfalls. Where extremely heavy rainfall is to be expected, a bypass may be installed, in particular to avoid overloading the stormwater treatment system.
- The separation of light liquids is effective even during rainfall.
- Even with heavy rainfall, the light liquids already separated are securely retained in the depot.
- The extra grid in the upper half of the SediPipe L-Plus enables the system to remove oil at a class I efficiency, as tested in accordance with DIN EN 858-1.
Effective removal of fine particles and pollutants:
- The concept of reducing emissions by trapping small particles to which pollutants have attached functions well.
- The removal percentages during scaled tests are in the same order of magnitude as the percentages with full-scale test configurations.
- The retention percentages observed by TU Delft correlates with the results of laboratory studies conducted elsewhere in Europe.
- The treatment performance achieved in tests performed earlier, e.g., at HTWK in Leipzig, is validated.
- Within the given range of application, SediPipe L 600/24 can handle between 70% and 99% of all rainfall events.
- SediPipe traps large quantities of non-coarse natural wastes and most other natural wastes without negatively affecting the function of the SediPipe system. Wastes can be easily removed from the system by means of the standard maintenance process (high-pressure water jet).
… and last but not least:
The SediPipe L system removes micro pollutants (such as PAHs and heavy metals), light liquids, fine particles (< 0.06 mm) and sand (> 0.06 mm) from the stormwater.
The system reduces the negative impact of the pollutants on the environment and can improve the function of sustainable urban drainage systems, e.g., by preventing clogging caused by fine particles. That reduces the need for maintenance and guarantees the profitability and sustainability of the investment.
During this study, design guidelines were drawn up for the dimensioning of the SediPipe L system in order to meet these demands.
SediPipe test results
You can obtain the comprehensive test results upon request.