Reliability and protection of water bodies
Collected stormwater can be polluted with different suspended and dissolved materials, e. g. gross pollutants, TSS (coarse dirt & mud) and light liquids (oils) from road traffic or industrial facilities. These suspended solids can have a dramatic impact on the environment (downstream water bodies) and the design life of the stormwater management asset.
FRÄNKISCHE provides a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art treatment facilities. SediPipe systems replace e. g. stormwater sedimentation basins and provide great advantages for construction and later land use thanks to its low excavation depth. The system does not consume any surface space. The land can be used for green space, car parks or roads and tracks.
FRÄNKISCHE SediPipe systems are separators that can offer tailored solutions for areas up to 44,450 m² per facility. We have the ideal solution for pollutants contained in the stormwater such as heavy metals, oils, suspended organic particles down to 0.06 mm or coarse silt. Together with the consultants from FRÄNKISCHE, you will always find the perfect solution for your application.
After intensive external laboratory tests and translation of the results into practice, the following conclusions can be drawn as to the performance of SediPipe:
Within the given range of application, the flow separator prevents sediment from being remobilised during rainfalls. Where extremely heavy rainfall is to be expected, a bypass may be installed, in particular to avoid overloading the stormwater treatment system.
- The separation of light liquids is effective even during rainfall.
- Even with heavy rainfall, the light liquids already separated are securely retained in the depot.
- The extra grid in the upper half of the SediPipe L-Plus enables the system to remove oil at a class I efficiency, as tested in accordance with DIN EN 858-1.
Effective removal of fine particles and pollutants:
- The concept of reducing emissions by trapping small particles to which pollutants have attached functions well.
- The removal percentages during scaled tests are in the same order of magnitude as the percentages with full-scale test configurations.
- The retention percentages observed by TU Delft correlates with the results of laboratory studies conducted elsewhere in Europe.
- The treatment performance achieved in tests performed earlier, e.g., at HTWK in Leipzig, is validated.
- Within the given range of application, SediPipe L 600/24 can handle between 70% and 99% of all rainfall events.
- SediPipe traps large quantities of non-coarse natural wastes and most other natural wastes without negatively affecting the function of the SediPipe system. Wastes can be easily removed from the system by means of the standard maintenance process (high-pressure water jet).
… and last but not least:
The SediPipe L system removes micro pollutants (such as PAHs and heavy metals), light liquids, fine particles (< 0.06 mm) and sand (> 0.06 mm) from the stormwater.
The system reduces the negative impact of the pollutants on the environment and can improve the function of sustainable urban drainage systems, e.g., by preventing clogging caused by fine particles. That reduces the need for maintenance and guarantees the profitability and sustainability of the investment.
During this study, design guidelines were drawn up for the dimensioning of the SediPipe L system in order to meet these demands.
SediPipe test results
You can obtain the comprehensive test results upon request.